31 May Dentistry for All the Family in Darlington
The Gentle Dental Centre in Darlington is a dental practice where all the family are welcome. We don’t have an NHS contract for children yet we aim to deliver high quality preventive care for all members of your family including your children under independent care.
Most dental disease is preventable given the right advice and care and when better to start when young?
We have introduced a new plan to encourage you to bring your children to the Gentle Dental Centre in Darlington for their dental care.
If you are a patient of ours we have two scales of costs for your children
- If they are under 10 they will receive a free dental check
- At ages 10 -18 charges will be at 50% of our adult prices
We hope you will see that we are committed to giving great care and value to our youngest patients.
We can offer:
- Preventive advice
- Tooth brushing instruction
- Dietary advice
- Fissure sealants to prevent decay
- Fluoride applications to strengthen teeth
- Tooth coloured composite fillings if required
- Sports Guards
- Orthodontic / teeth straightening treatments as required
- Emergency and accident care
We want to see our youngest patients grow up with a great experience of dentistry as positive and fun and of course grow into their adult years free of dental disease.
What can you do at home to help maximise their chance of being dental disease free?
- Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste
- Control intake of sugars to meal times only – it is frequency of sugar intake that causes decay and unfortunately most things we eat contain sugars, they don’t need to be sweets to contain sugar
- Visit your dentist for regular checks
As children grow and develop their second teeth, usually from the age of six, the teeth can look very crowded and many parents become concerned about this. We will monitor their development and intervene with orthodontic treatment if necessary at the right age. For most it is not until they are 14/15 that all the baby teeth have been lost and so baby teeth still need protecting.
Baby teeth don’t last for ever and are not generally as strong as adult teeth which makes them more prone to decay. These teeth have a strong purpose to maintain space to allow the second teeth to erupt into. If they are lost early through decay than it can lead to even more overcrowding in a mouth.
Your dental team will monitor all these aspects of your child’s care and give the right advice and treatment at the right time. Plus they will make it fun and relaxed.
Why not come along and register your child? They are very welcome.
See you soon.